Sunday 10 March 2013

Sunday Stills - Potluck

I've been missing from Sunday Stills for the past couple of weeks - life got ahead of me! This week, the theme is Potluck - whatever we want, so when we took a walk to see the floodwaters of the Calavon river, I took a few shots which I will share here.

First of all, here's one I took for "The Number Seven" a couple of weeks (eek actually four!) ago and didn't get around to posting.  I was quite pleased with this...
...I just didn't have TIME to blog! (Get it? Get it??)

We've had three days of heavy rain since I came back from Ireland on Tuesday and the rivers and streams are all running at full spate.  We walked to Le Saute du Moin to see the waterfall and sure enough it was a lot fuller than it was on our last visit (and a lot less frozen)
This is one of the tributaries that flow into the pool which feeds the waterfall.  This was running pretty fast too, and I had to keep a close eye on Cinnamon to make sure she didn't decide to go swimming.
A much more peaceful point of view :
And finally, this is a ford across the Calavon at the North end of the Gorge d'Oppedette.  Normally, there is just a trickle of water here and you can walk across it in ordinary shoes.  Not today.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I love your choice for the "7", that one got away from me too. No time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your angle of perspective on the clock face, very well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love the river and waterfall photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. River hike: almost as good as being there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice river shots, but the clock is what did it for me. That one is just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i did similar one for 7, but urs a better angle. I loved that waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - I may not reply to them all, but I surely read them all!

Apologies for introducing Comment Moderation, but I've been getting some strange hits recently and I want to reserve the right to control what gets posted here.